Image Map

Friday, September 12, 2008

While You Were Out! "18"

It's official. Maddi can now vote(already registered), sign herself in and out of school, and go on single dates. The good news is that she only wants to do the first thing.Cute friends showed up with breakfast @ 6:00 am. So yesterday being her big 1-8, Parker and I did a little "While you Were Out" in honor of the day. We had bribed with new bedding, room makeover etc. You see she has been beyond focused on School throughout the entire summer. It was to the point that she didn't really get a summer, or to be a kid much. Just ask her friends. So Thursday the 11th was the last day of Independent Study Classes, Yesterday being the 12th and her "Legal" Birthday, and since she was going to be gone till evening, we had her room to our selves. Behold the change. Ta DaH!Nothing that a little paint, a saw, and some serious sweat couldn't manage. I tell ya, Parker and Monty puttin' their heads together and here's what we got. Thanks to Mac and Cammy for the bed a la Bedknobs and Broomsticks! She was very pleased. Thanks to Meg for the shout out from DC and for the calls and cards and e-cards. Maddi is loved and her Birthday was a huge success! Happy Birthday you adult you.

7 comments:

•stephanie• said...

lucky maddi and great job parents!

Loretta and Richie said...

Oh my gosh I wish I could have been there! Her room looks SOOOO fantastic. Love the black and white with pink accents.... and the walls. MMMMM. What a pretty color. I can't believe the baby is 18. Crazy!

Calliandra Rasmussen said...

Yeah-ya! Haha oh my didnt know our lovely picture from 6 AM would make it big time on the web! Thx so much Peg for being a partner in crime with me and Abby and making the whole surprise thang possible! Twas a blast! You rock my sox.

angiedunn said...

"while you were out" = the cutest parents ever. that is the funnest room; i love it!

happy birth to cute maddi!

Sassy said...

I remember when she was born...has it been 18 years? Goodie heck...I'm getting old! Happy Birthday to a really cut girl!

Unknown said...

mmm.... my favorite sister in the whole wide world, my favorite parents in the whole wide world, and that room-- might just be my new favorite room... so cute you lucky girl! I hope your birthday was fab- it sounds like it was. Love you all!

Eric said...

Hey! It took me while but I remembered your blog address! I'll see you soon!

Eric