Image Map

Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Soundtrack

Meg and I were having a chat about soundtrack..you know The soundtrack, or the soundtrack in our head or at least the one we are currently grooving too. Megan was discovering and posting several tunes that were working for her and I started wondering if I have a "soundtrack" Turns out I do! I have had a soundtrck all my life that motivates house cleaning occasionally, walking in the early morning brisk heat, or tames the savage worrywart brain when needed. I confess the faves begin with Broadway showtunes. From my earliest days I heard showtunes in my home from the piano in the living roon and Mom on the keys. Now they come in the form of ipod,cds, and computer finds. Lately I start with the tunes from Hairspray(Welcome to the 60's and Timeless to me), Dreamgirls(I love you I Do and One Night Only - The Dance Mix) , and Spamalot(Always Look on The Bright Side), then move toward the non-broadway old favorites like James Taylor, Eric Clapton, Harry Connick and that type including Michael Buble, Dianna Krall, Norah Jones and a few others. I usually end up with Mandy Patinkin and his Album - Kidults with the favorite. - "Rhode Island is famous for You". I love clever lyrics and sentiment so how could this song miss? So I do have a soundtrack, but it's on shuffle mode and it's hand selected daily.

11 comments:

angiedunn said...

i love this post, 'cause i also have a soundtrack o' my life. i started actually listing the songs a couple of months ago & it is so random, but happy! music is my friend. (:

you rock, i'm thrilled to finally have found your blog {and your delightful childrens' blogs}...and will probably stop by frequently. have a great day!

Unknown said...

hello moffats!!! this is becky hamblin. you need to give my parents blogging tips... they don't know how to update!

Emily K Jacob A said...

Peg,
You're so cute. Of course your soundtrack is cheery, fun music. that's so cute. I think the music a person loves says a lot about them, in this case at least.

Kylie said...

I love that you have a blog! My mom started one shortly after Staci and I set ours up. She is not super consistent at it (sometimes me and Staci update it for her--since it wasn't very hard to figure out how to access it--being that she has the same username and password for everything). Your family is so cute! And I love the newly painted fam room--very cute!!

kali and kason said...

so i am so gald you blog! and i totally have a soundtrack. really, my life is a musical!!

Amber said...

Peg,
I can't believe I found your blog and I don't even know how. I'm a total blog stalker I know. I'm crazy! Anyways, this is Amber (Thomson) Whiting. I really hope you remember me or I'm super embarrased. Check out our fam. blog www.aawhiting.blogspot.com Good to see your blog.

Amy said...

Peggy! Man, I kind of stumbled across one blog of a person from Mesa about 2 hours ago and many pages and fell into a virtual stock pot of mesa blogs. I think it is so hilarious you have a blog. You were always hip with the times.

Laurel said...

Hey Peggy! Yes, it is too cool that you have a blog. What a crazy, small world-eh? Hopefully you read your comments so you know I found you. Well, actually Amy found you and clued me in. I think I am going to be a blog stalker now too. It is crazy how many people you can find through these things. Well, you sound wonderful! Love, Laurel

Laurel said...

Oh, I almost forgot...you can visit my blog at www.jimlaurelnkids.blogspot.com
Happy perusing! It is fun to see all of your kids blogs, too!!!

Mac and Kelly said...

Hi Moffat's! Just thought I would say hi! I blog stalked you and found you!

angiedunn said...

"The Rug" LOL. That's funny! Of course it's funny. Because everything you say = hilarious.

I enjoy Peg comments greatly. Thanks for making my day.