Image Map

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just whistle while you work!



I love "working" around the house with Parker. Actually we work independently toward the same goal but usually our paths only cross in a "family" project when needed. One example is the day we painted the Family Room. On the Fourth of July, these two almost empty nesters decided to use the day wisely and having purchased the paint etc. we started in. My job was to remove the switchplates and outlet plates and clean the baseboards and tape all the lower edges. As Parker brought in the ladders and the tarps and the supplies the sound of his whistling made me smile. You see, this is what he does, he whistles while he works from the start of the project to the end. He is in his own little project focus world and the whistling starts. It was more than interesting that the first piece he chose was "Strangers in the Night". That was the "set up the project" song. As the day and the paint rolled on there were a few songs that pleased and surprized me. Here's a short list of some of the titles just for your enjoyment: "Here, There and Everywhere" - Beatles, "All That Jazz" - Chicago, "If I only had a brain" - The Wizard of Oz, "It Had To Be You" - Harry Connick Jr. and several hours worth of Parker's favorite hits. I'm sure there are several I can't remember, it's just such a pleasant part of "working with" Parker and you know that he is wearing out when the songs stop. It's fun because he doesn't claim to know the words or even the tunes, but the tunes are right on and I remember the words. So in a way it keeps us both going for him to whistle as he does. Kind of cool I think. Maybe we are a good team after all. And you should see the Family Room. Wow!

6 comments:

Loretta and Richie said...

You and Parker Rock! Do you have a picture of the Room you could post or email? Richie & Lolo

Loretta and Richie said...

I think your blog may have a glitch, because I left a comment, but it still says 0 comments on your home page. Well, just wanted to say we love you. Richie & Lolo

Loretta and Richie said...

Okay, so now it fixed itself.. whatever.

Emily K Jacob A said...

You are so cute. It's good to hear a wife speak sweetly of her husband as you do. And don't we ALL love Parker. Congrats on the room, and, yes, we'd love to see it!

Unknown said...

if we can't see it, Peg... it never happened... pictures pronto-- or else...

Maddi Anne said...

Gonna be honest...my favorite Dad "work whistle" tunes are the tunes that come from "West Side Story"-those ones really crack me up!