Image Map

Monday, November 7, 2011

37 - It's like, Eternity or something.

Gratitude Day 7  -  And a big number 
 - Start with 2011 and subtract 1974 and what do you get, Math Whizzes?  
That's right, kids,  and that's how long my boyfriend and I have been married, uh... to each other!   Here is the photo to prove it.  
 Remember when we took all those dead trees and hot - glued fall leaves on them for a backdrop? 
It was way cool, I promise.  And we looked great, right?  
Not much different from what we look like now either(in our minds at least).  We drove all the way to Los Angeles, because the Mesa Temple was closed for remodeling, so we claim two Temples as our own.  We like to return to "Our Temple  #1When ever we can on our Anniversary.
 So, how do we do it you ask?  Well, you need some of this.....
 And ignoring a little of this.....
And a whole lot of liking each other in spite of some stuff and because of some stuff.  I'm gonna go out on a little limb and say, "Sure, I would do it all over again." Quote me.  I am Grateful to have a worthy husband and one who is dedicated, kind and helpful.  I am Grateful for our 6 wonderful kids and those who have joined our ranks by marriage and birth. We are proud of each and every one.  Parker(my boyfriend, not grandson) is a great listener and can see good in every person and situation.  He has made making a home for him an easy task, because he is pleased by small and simple things.  He will eat anything I put before him, and there have been a few serious "losers", and some for sure "winners".  He is a fixer.  He gets "it", he makes a great Chocolate Almond Ice cream, though some would argue that his Berry Blend or Nectarine flavors are the winner!
Dang, he's pretty great, right?  Maybe I should keep him.  We took care of that like 37 years ago! 
I'm grateful he's mine and I'm his.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now.  A not so new topic........ Today besides being an anniversary,  It's the day that
"The Sing Off"
is being aired that Megan, Rob and Madison and I attended!

This is last week's offering from Vocal Point, a personal fave.  But holy cow, you will love tonight!


Be sure and set your DVR's for it.  There is some great stuff on tonight and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the faces of one or all of us a few times, since there was a camera in our faces(mostly the young/cute ones, who were really enjoying the experience) kind of often.  If we are on the T.V. and you see us, and you make a comment here during the regular airing time of the show.  I just might have to reward you for your effort with some cookies.


 And you know that I have cookies, right?  
Oh sure, I would invite you over to watch with us, but
gee, it's our anniversary,
so I think we will sit on the couch and hold hands(with my leg in the air, that is - stitches come out tomorrow, just in time to vote - I got permission).  


3 comments:

Val and Merilee said...

Watchin the big Sing Off. We don't have DVR so I can't rewind but the eyes are glued. I would like to order a doz. Ginger Snaps puleez?
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two love birds!

•stephanie• said...

congratulations to you two crazy kids!
so happy you got married.

{go vocal point!}

Shellene said...

sorry i didn't blog right during the show...i was in major hangover from a snow-filled weekend at the "property". but i did watch really, really, hard (between folding a week's worth of personable's laundry). and i stayed up to see VP pull trhough once again. happy anniversary. i adore you two as a couple...couple of what's? NUTS! and good ones at that!