Image Map

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tech-no? Well, yes actually!

Month Of Gratitude - Day three.........
I am grateful for technology. 

There I said it.  
I love that I can get on this computer thing, or as my Bro. in law says - "the dot com", and instantly find the recipe for a killer banana bread(actually the best one is Loretta's  - see below), or find out how many cups are in a pound of flour.  
Or, I can go online to search for a pattern to use up one of those cute lil charm packs, or buy more of those cute lil charm packs.  
Oh, and how 'bout checking up on your family who live out of town  by video chatting, eh?
 Yeah that's a fav with me too.  
And how 'bout paying bills online, yup!  Thought so.  
But then, what about the world of iphones?  I love that I can do most of that before mentioned stuff on my phone no less!  Do we live a a great age or what?  I love that my phone can tell me where to go, not in the bad way, but actually keep me from being lost in that great wide world out there.  
It would be good to admit that I find most of the info for teaching/planning/studying for church assignments etc. from lds.org.  Love that.  Watching Conference, studying the talks, reading scriptures, all good on "the dot com".  
But the best of all, is the little ding about 2:30 in the afternoon on Mondays and you check your email and it's a letter from that one cute daughter at the MTC. Holy Cow!


You've Got Mail was never a happier thought than that.  Just think, seconds before, she was folding laundry or something and now we are communicating from 631 miles away in just seconds.  (Wait how do I know that number? Yup! Looked it up, people!  It's right there.)
 What is next for me in the technology field? Ipad?
 Sure, if that happened,  but I would love to learn how to do photoshop like my kids can, design and print and stuff like that.  I still depend on them for alot in the technology world(Can you say screen sharing? Megan and Jacob, what?), cause I am something of an old dog, and you know, new tricks and all.  But still I am grateful for the miracle of technology, and I don't care who knows it!! Heck, one of the miracles of technology is right here, you are reading it.  Me blogging!  Adding photos etc.  Now that, is a miracle!

Banana Bread by Loretta
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. shortening
3 ripe mashed bananas
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp. sour cream
2 C. flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. chopped nuts
Cream together shortening and sugar; add bananas and eggs. Mix well, then add rest of ingredients.  Stir in nuts.  Pour into 2 well greased 8X3X4 inch pans.  Bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Yum - seriously try this.  Not kidding.

3 comments:

•stephanie• said...

oh, peg. you are about the hippest techy person i know! you always know how to do cool things. i, on the other hand, have to call people to help me out! you go, girl!

Jan said...

Great words! I love all my technology as well: smart phone, i pod, sewing machine, computer, also glad I don't have to understand how they work to use them.

Unknown said...

the video. killing me right now she's so cute!