Image Map

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving, ahhhhhh!

 M.O.G.  Giving Actual Thanks!

I have shared what I was thankful for, sort of, this month.  I went AWOL for a few, but want to do justice to the day and say formally..... I am grateful for a few things in no particular order:  
I am so grateful for my awesome husband/boyfriend.  He set up the stretch table, indulged the brine, recorded the Macy's Parade, not the other wanna be parades, brined my foot(doctor's orders)several times, hauled boxes up and down the stairs, collected and returned chairs from the chair place, found a soccer ball for the g-kids, set up coloring etc,  funded the feast(in part), being the quality control agent on the food, and went about every part whistling a little ditty.  I really like that guy.  And I am thankful for him every day, not just on the day of Thanks. At the end of the day, he hugged me and asked simply, "That was fun, huh?" I said yes. 
 I am grateful to have had my children and spouses and grandchildren all together. They are one of the joys of my life.  I think each one is wonderful and we had such a good time, eating mostly, but playing together too!  Each helped with food or setup and I have great cooks and helpers, I must say.  We were missing a couple of family members and we got to chat with them on the computer.  Sigh.  Very nice day all around.
I was glad to have the extended family in our home,  those who came for the dinner, and those who came for the pie and soccer fest!  The pies were amazing, right?  A short list of the pies:  Pumpkin, Pumpkin-no sugar added, Apple(Loretta's Caramel Awesomeness), Apple - no sugar added, Berry blend, Mince Meat/w hard sauce(delish!), Chocolate Cream, Coconut Cream.  
That's just the pies, then the Desserts - Mac's Pumpkin Delight Dessert,  Eldon's Pear Tart,  Pumpkin Bread Pudding, stop now!!! Before the weekend was over, Jacob had made Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream and Peppermint Ice Cream.  Forgive me for talking about food now that we are all so over it, but O.K. The creativity of this bunch  is amazing.  I am grateful for
  creative minds and the willingness to share that talent with each other.  
Thanks to Cammy for taking pictures.  I didn't get a single shot of the turkey before carving or the table or anything, but Cammy did and I am grateful that she took pictures and then shared them with me.  
I am grateful for my membership in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It gives me direction and perspective and hey, lots to do as well, and I appreciate all three of those things. I am grateful to work with great people in the CSP Ward. 
I am grateful for a this daughter ready willing and worthy to serve a mission and for the blessings that come with her service. Those of you who have sent out sons and daughter know what I am talking about. Her example is a directing force in our home.  For that I am very grateful.
I am grateful to live where the weather is nice at this time of the year.   Not a huge deal to some, but a big deal to me. 
I am grateful for our friends and neighbors.  You wonderful folks who live around us and help make our life fun. Thanks
I am grateful for beauty in whatever form it takes, visually, audibly and even texturally.  
latest unfinished project to be finished in time for next Thanksgiving, right?
Hey, It's my blog and I love and am grateful for things like fabrics and music.  I might as well say so, right? 
These aren't all of the things I am thankful for, but for now I will rest. 
Oh there's another one!! 
Rest!  I am grateful for sleeping.  What a blessing that is.  
K.  There, I feel better. 

No comments: